Monday, August 11, 2008

Why Must We Colour Inside the Lines?

There was a website brought to my attention last week by one of my clients. As a designer I love to have a variety of resources available to me and I think overall this is a great resource. It's a site called Colour Lovers and it's all about color or (colour, sorry I'm going to lean back to my American ways) and color combinations. The thing that is interesting about this site is that it really is a social site based around color. On the site are several different areas that you can participate - forums, color trends, create your own color palettes and patterns just to name a few. From a strictly professional standpoint it's not a perfect site, but the thing that's great about it is that it gets you thinking in different ways then you might normally. And just like anything else you will get a lot more out of it if you participate. The best part is it's completely "FREE" to become a member. Maybe we should all learn how to Colour again.

No comments: